Corporate Governance Statement
Everest Global is committed to maintaining high standards of corporate governance in accordance with the QCA Corporate Governance Code (the “Code”). We believe that good corporate governance practices are essential to building and maintaining the trust and confidence of our shareholders, employees, customers, and other stakeholders.
Compliance with the Code
In accordance with the Code, Everest Global provides the following information to demonstrate our commitment to good corporate governance:
1. Board Composition and Responsibilities:
- The Board is composed of a balanced mix of executive and non-executive directors.
- The Officers and Chief Executive Officer roles are separate and clearly defined.
- The Board has established committees, including an Audit Committee, Remuneration Committee, and Nominations Committee, with defined terms of reference.
2. Remuneration and Evaluation:
- The Remuneration Committee is responsible for setting and reviewing executive director and senior management remuneration.
- We have a formal and transparent process for evaluating the performance of the Board, its committees, and individual directors.
3. Shareholder Engagement:
- Everest Global engages regularly with our shareholders, seeking to understand their views and concerns.
- We provide clear and timely communication through our Annual General Meeting and other shareholder communications.
4. Financial Reporting and Risk Management:
- We have established robust internal controls and risk management systems.
- The Audit Committee ensures the integrity of our financial reporting process.
5. Corporate Culture and Values:
- Everest Global promotes a corporate culture that aligns with our values, as articulated in our Corporate Governance Statement.
- We encourage diversity and inclusion throughout the organization.
6. Compliance with Laws and Regulations:
- Everest Global is committed to compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and ethical standards.
7. Stakeholder Engagement:
- We engage with a wide range of stakeholders, including employees, customers, suppliers, and the local community.
Corporate Governance Policies and Documents
In addition to this statement, EVEREST GLOBAL PLC provides access to the following documents, which further detail our corporate governance policies and practices:
Everest Global conducts an annual review of our corporate governance practices to ensure ongoing compliance with the QCA Corporate Governance Code. The results of this review will be made available on our website.
For any corporate governance-related queries or concerns, please contact Chief Executive Officer, Andy Sui.
As at 13 September 2023